TOURS MEXICO WINTER 2018/2019
Casa del Piloto in partnership with Sea to Sky Paragliding offers you a chance to get off the beaten path and explore amazing small-town Mexico. We base our tours out of Tenancingo de Degollado… just a short distance from Mexico City and the mega flying sites of Valle de Bravo.
We offer small group tours of 7 and 10 days with options to customize flying sites and cultural experiences. If crowed skies and over-run launches and towns aren’t your thing… then our tours may be what you are looking for!
A broad spectrum of flying sites are offered, with a variety off technical levels to choose from, along with options of flying XC, ridge soaring, kiting and top landing. Several excursions are also within easy flying or driving distance to make for many days of mixed adventures.
Casa is conveniently located just two blocks from the main landing field in Tenancingo… so you can have a great flying day, then be home moments later. Casa is also central for easy retrieve or return taxi/bus, if we choose to go for some big distance. Getting around in the area is both easy and inexpensive. We have also hand-picked several sites within a reasonable driving distance to offer up some amazing variety of both flying and culture.
Each tour is customized based on the groups skills and tastes, along with taking the weather into account. We have sites that are perfect for a broad spectrum of pilots, and lots of offerings to keep everyone entertained. Casa offers a communal experience, with lots of family meals, after-flying social gathering, even sunset glass-off, BBQ’s on launch [when available]. You can also take time to explore on your own and see some of the wonderful local culture and offerings. We have multiple accommodation connections that give you options to upgrade if you so choose… and we are happy to help you plan the best flying vacation you have ever had.
Come stay and fly with us!
7 days tours starting date: Every Sunday from Nov 5 to Feb 17.
Available weekly with a few blackout dates [January 6-19] .
Message your request for details.
10 day tour start dates: Nov 05, Nov 18, Dec 02, Dec 16, Dec 30, Jan 20, Feb 03, Feb 17.
- Tours need 4+ guests to run, but can be customized for guests visiting on a quiet week.
- Customized dates and add-ons [especially for groups] may be accommodated if booked early.
- Discounts available for group bookings.
COMPETITION DATES: Casa is open January 6-19 but will not offer tours during the SkyRace and Monarca competitions in Valle. Discounted [non-tour] rates will be available during this time.
We have great packages for pre and post competition. Consider us for a warm-up or after competition tour. Book early, those surrounding dates book out fast!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN TOURS
- Launch fees
- Transportation to/from Casa, from Toluca bus station.
[Easy access point coming or going from MEX or Valle. Transport direct to MEX can be arranged for an extra fee]
- Some retrieve [all transport to and from launch, some XC flights or out-landing flights may require bus/taxi].
- Welcoming BBQ
- Daily breakfast
- After-flying Casa cocktail (at Casa de Piloto only)
- 1 family dinner [7day] -or- 2 dinners [10day] at Casa de Piloto only
- Beverage cooler [available in shuttle while on the road]
- Health and travel insurance
- Medical costs, care or transport
- Please advise us early and clearly on dietary issues and restrictions. We will do our best to accommodate you, but are limited by what we can get locally.
- Breakfasts consist of a variety of hot and/or cold offerings, varied daily, along with coffee, tea and/or juice.
- Dinners will be out at local eateries or markets [not included] when we are not having family meals or special BBQ events.
- Lunches [prepare own]
- Casa cocktail is often hand-made margarita, rum and horchata, or some other mixed treat. Beer is always an option also.
$990USD – 7 nights / 8 days
$1350USD – 10 nights/ 11 days
- $150 USD/ per day – Custom [Less than 7 days]
- $100 USD/ per day – Local tour extension [ Casa Only Add-on ]
- $50 USD/ per day – Accommodation only [Limited. Based on availability]
- $200 USD per person to hold dates.
- Full payment due 45 days prior to arrival.
************************** Tours Page Level 2 - Launches<Content>
- More than 45 days prior, full refund minus $50USD service fee
- 45-30 days prior, 50% refund
- Less than 30 days, non-refundable
- La Malinche
One of the Casa’s main launches, located just 15 minutes from the house. This is a truly dependable launch, offering great soaring and thermal XC flights. A favourite place for a sunset flight with easy short XC back to the landing field just two blocks from Casa de Piloto.
- El Picacho (Malinalco)
Located at the end of the Malinalco Valley, this large groomed grass launch is perfect for kiting and low airtime pilots early in the day, and gets great later day conditions for XC and fun top landings.
A smaller launch owned by the producer of Aeratholon… a unique spot to take advantage of flying over the Malinalco Valley suitable to intermediate to advanced pilots, comfortable on smaller launches.
Located above the historic town of Ixtapan de la Sal, this site offers great flying on days when we have a less common wind direction that can shut down the usual sites.
A site with an amazing view of the city of Taxco, this rough and exclusive launch site allows access to the skies over the City of Silver, with an amazing LZ located on the golf course of the Montetaxco Hotel.
- Toluca Volcano
Looking to add a ultra-high flight adventure to your trip? Fly from 4300m (14,200’) into one of the many small and extraordinary villages located at the foot of this majestic volcano! Launch is only an hour walk from the visitors centre located in the crater of this 4th highest Mexican mountain.
A past host to the PWC and a launch site known for its large XC routes… this site is being re-explored after falling into disuse for several years. It has an amazing LZ located on the shores of a pleasant lake, with a outdoor restaurant right next door.
- El Peñon/La Torre
Although we try and offer unique, less traveled sites… Valle offers great flying and culture. We are glad to offer excursions to this world class site… especially off the peak times